Before I entered the project there was already a graphic designer working on their new visual identity. She was also set to design their website. Although her work with graphic design was magnificent, she was not very experienced with web design. For that reason, the first thing I did in this project was work on the basic user experience of it. I created the wireframes and delivered them to the designer so she could follow them to create the final design.
In my opinion, the final result was perfect.
The development process was very straightforward.
In the front-end, some of the visual elements required certain attention to look just like they were designed.
In the back-end, to accelerate the process I decided to create flexible and customizable blocks of sections that would have similar look throughout the entire site. This workflow allowed me to gain time and, as a bonus, the client would be able to edit the pages with extra ease.
Duca Saúde is a new company. That being said, they had their first visual identity created from the beginning by the designer Diro Soares.
Diro presented my work to the CEO and the Head of Marketing and Sales of the company and they decided to hire me to do both the design and the development of their website.
The client was always very open to discussion, making it an easy project since the strategic phase.
I had the chance to watch closely while Diro created all of the brand elements for Duca, from the logo to the color scheme, fonts etcetera.
Having a well-polished brand identity was crucial for my work while I designed all of the pages for this site. Knowing how the visual elements were conceived and how they were intended to be used helped me to create a consistent look through the entire site.
Development-wise there were no big challenges in this project.
Besides making sure the entire site was well responsive and lightweight, I also wanted it to be easy for the client to manage it with no difficulty. Everything is well organized in the back-end admin panel so they can change what might be necessary without the need of asking for my help.
Skincare Hero is a blog that talks about several different skin products.
Another designer was responsible for the entire look of the website.
At first, it was just a normal project, but then an interesting challenge was presented. It was maybe the most complicated feature I've ever implemented on a website.
When I first started working on this website I had just one simple goal: to develop all pages that were previously designed in a responsive way. Nothing out of the ordinary.
The interesting part came later...
The client then asked for a new back-end feature. He wanted a way to auto-generate a large number of standardized blog posts listing the different products reviewed on the website. I couldn't find any existing tool to accomplish this goal, so my only choice was to create it from scratch.
Each product was set to a different type, category, and concern. Each list should contain a combination of these taxonomies, eg. Hydrating (type) Serums (category) for Sensitive Skin (concern).
If a new product was added, removed, or edited in the database, any list it could be present in is automatically updated.
With everything in place, I created a button in the website dashboard that automatically generates all possible posts. A post will only be generated if it respects three rules:
In the end, this new feature allows the client to create tens of different posts with a single click. All of the posts are then reviewed and edited by the client's team as they please.
In 2020 I did some projects for Elite Inc., a company based in South Africa and specialized in digital marketing. The most interesting one was this: the construction of a “Netflix-like” platform that offers video courses for subscribers.
The interface design was relatively easy, both because of the clear references that the client gave me and because of the solid visual identity that I had to follow. The thumbnails were made by a separate team.
With the design defined, I had to develop the front-end. The company opted for the Thinkific platform, which works with Liquid, an open-source template language created by Shopify. Although I never worked with it, I adapted rather quickly, since the creation of the models and the modular blocks basically depend on HTML with extra attributes.
This partnership between National Geographic Brasil and Cervejaria Colorado (a Brazilian brewery) warns and raises awareness of the importance that stingless bees (meliponines) have in Brazil's nature cycles and encourages the consumption of products from local honey farmers, who collaborate in the preservation of these species.
The entire design of the pages was created by another agency.
Upon receiving the files, I reproduced the layout responsively, using Webflow to speed up the development process.
The site was then all exported and delivered to the National Geographic Brasil team. It underwent minor modifications before being added to the company's official website.
Due to its simplicity, the project didn't require back-end languages.